Don't forget to 'like' your favourite poems on the
People's Poetry Competition Facebook Page!

Friday 10 May 2013

37. Who is She?


37.
Who is She?

She has no backbone
Afraid to stand on her own
Letting the world jump in her luggage bag for free
Conforming to a world that does not even want her to be.
I ask you who is she?
I ask you again who is she?
She’s an eleven year old mother.
She’s a prostitute.
She’s a lawyer.
She’s a doctor.
She could be you she could be me.
She’s one left turn from a dark alley,
She’s one consultation away from reconstructing her body.
She’s one pill away from suicide
She’s one disappointment away from being ready to die.
Who is she?
I ask you again who is she?
She could be you she could be me.
She never looked in the mirror and found beauty,
Sitting on her ass everyday pondering on what she wish she could be,
Meanwhile she’s one stiff away from HIV.
She’s a brown skinned urban dame,
She’s a blonde headed suburban girl with ponytails and bangs,
She’s a mulatto mami in the heart of north philly,
She’s a bohemian beauty across the seas.
Different lifestyles and different time zones but the problem still remains the same.
No self-love and no faith in the man above.
I pray for the day where she can find her beauty in her imperfections.
Until then I can only tell her tale and pray that you will listen.
Extract every ounce of beauty from your imperfections...Embrace It...Breathe It...Be It
Who is she?
I ask you again who is she?
She could be you she could be me
Don’t be so quick to pass judgment…She could be your Baby.




No comments:

Post a Comment